CREED by Adam Hamilton
a churchwide campaign to answer life's important questions
Three Simple Steps:
1. Come to the Fall Festival September 17, 5–7pm
- Live Band: Lost & Found (featuring our very own Bruce Ericksen)
- Free Dinner • Register
- KidZone—including a bounce house for little ones
- Small Group information
2. Group Up! Now through September 17
Grab a few people you like being around and ask them to gather with you weekly for six weeks. Workbooks $15. Hosts receive a DVD and Leader Guide. Let
know who’s in your group.
3. Set a time and place to meet weekly.
Gather weekly for six weeks after September 17.
At a home, coffee shop or onsite at the church. Not in a group?
- Thursdays at 12pm with a pastor—bring a sack lunch
- Thursdays at 6:30pm • childcare and snack/dessert
- Men’s Groups • Thursdays 6am
- Women’s Group • Thursdays 6:30am
Register at southwoodlutheran.org/events for these groups.
How good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity! Psalm 133:1 (NIV)
If the Holy Spirit is the gasoline that runs Southwood, small groups might just be the engine. If you've felt your faith take a step forward when you joined the church, watch it make a huge leap when you connect with a Small Group. Small Groups at Southwood meet during focused times during the year (Lent and in the fall), but you will find that your Small Group connection is a true pivot point throughout the year in your unique place within the body of Christ's church. Also, small groups at Southwood have been known to serve together, so if you're more activity-oriented, you can find your place in a small group as well!
Contact Jo Sheets to get information about joining a small group.
"Joining a Small Group is a great way to meet new people and get "plugged in" to the life of the church. I’ve been involved in Small Groups for many years. We’ve expanded our biblical knowledge and faith, shared personal triumphs and tragedies, and had some fun times."