Changes due to COVID-19:We are making changes to Sunday School to allow for smaller class sizes that follow social distancing guidelines. Sunday School registration will open up on Saturday, August 8 at 8:00 AM.
First Day of In-Person Sunday School is September 13th!
Welcome Back to Sunday School!
Because your family’s health and safety are important to us, Sunday School will look a little different this year:
NEW Registration Format
To minimize class sizes and ensure safety, we are asking that you register your children for either the A schedule or the B schedule (8:30, 9:45 or 11:00) for the duration of the programming year. See the calendar with the color coded Sundays to determine the best fit for your family.
The identical lesson will be taught on the A/B Sundays. An online version of the lesson will also be released on the A Sunday for those who feel more comfortable worshiping from home. In addition, supplemental activities will be provided, should your family want to do more on your ‘off week.’
- Sunday School time will coincide with worship and run for 40 minutes.
- Class sizes will be kept at a minimum of 10-15 students.
- Masks will be required of parents, children and volunteers.
- Classrooms will be sanitized between worship services.
- No snacks will be provided.
- Designated grade level entrances and pick up points for students will be in place, see map.
- In place of ID cards, labels will be provided for secure pick up for 3 year olds through 2nd Graders.
- Designated traffic flow for parents will be in place, see map.
Please contact or with any questions.
Teachers & Volunteers
Southwood’s intentional and unique approach to Sunday School nurtures the faith seeds God planted in our children in ways that are safe, fun, and organized. Southwood’s worship style is unique and engaging—so is its Sunday School. Southwood’s curriculum takes what has always worked and enlivens it for today’s children through activities, puppet ministry, creative faith expressions, and of course—snacks! Hearts and bodies are fed, and parents can rest at ease knowing that their children are not only cared for, but growing as a vital part of the congregation.
Students are challenged through thoughtful questions and lessons and participate in age-appropriate giving opportunities where they can learn about stewardship in a way that makes sense to them. The group’s giving is presented visually, so that students become excited about God and excited about taking action as part of Christ’s church. Sign your son or daughter up for Sunday school, and faith discussions will extend to your own home, what Luther believed to be the primary "school" of faith.
- Ages 3 (potty trained and age 3 by September 1) - 5th Grade
- Times: 8:30, 9:45, and 11:00 a.m.
- Special Needs Class (Mixed ages 3-8th grade) - 8:30 a.m.